We have noticed a steady rise in cases of bed bug infestations in London over the last few years, and it comes as no surprise to notice the number of ‘bed bug specialists’ is on the increase as well.
I found that if you google ‘bed bug treatment’ there is page upon page of so-called specialist companies offering treatments to eradicate the problem. Whilst there are many reputable pest controllers out there, how can you be sure that you choose the right one?
Things to look out for when choosing a Bed Bug specialist.
- Always compare prices. Although a company may be cheap it does not mean the treatment will be effective.
- Do they guarantee their work? Make sure that you use an established company that guarantee their work or at least offer a second treatment. BEWARE companies who have guarantee periods for longer than they have been in Business.
- Check the length of time the company says it will take to eradicate the bed bugs. The only instant way of killing bed bugs is with a 24 hour heat treatment.
- Ask lots of questions. A specialist will be able to answer as many questions as you can think of.
- Check if their site links to a general pest control site, if so, this usually means they are not just specialists in this area. This does not mean they won’t be able to treat the problem, but ask some questions.
- Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. There is a lot of false information out there some on pest control websites, if you’re unsure double check with two or three pest control companies.
- Watch out for non-residual chemicals. If you’re having your home treated you are going to want something that will last.
- Bed bugs can live up to two years without a feed. Be careful when your pest controller starts talking about sealed plastic bags, it will only trap them and not kill them.